Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More Framing Suggestions:

I went to see Ryan Buckley yesterday at Gallery Framery on Hendricks Avenue. He helped me set up some framing suggestions to help visualize the possibilities. He recommends mounting linen fabric on a hard board and then floating the painting on top of that with three or so inches of the linen showing as a mat (Paper mat board is not used because it is not behind glass). Then we put various frame samples on each corner to show some ideas. Ryan will give 15% off if you bring one of my PADs in to be framed.




In these photos we used a more contemporary floater frame with the painting mounted almost flush to the top of the frame creating a type of shadow box.




And then another idea is to place the painting on a easel and display it on a bookshelf, mantel, piece of furniture or counter.
On the way home I stopped by Reddi-Arts and found several unique easels pictured below.

I hope you find these ideas helpful and inspiring!

1 comment:

ledomaine said...

Lovely art. Very creative. Enjoyed my visit. I shall return.