Monday, May 11, 2009

"Bolles Hall"

SOLD   6" x 8" oil on panel
I unintentionally took a break from PAD painting for the past ten days. I was kidsitting three great active boys for my good friend Susan Brodeur and with other projects and a show at First Guaranty bank last week I just didn't paint and post!
This is Bolles Hall at the Bolles School in Jacksonville which was originally built as the San Jose Hotel in the early 20's.
This Thursday I am participating in a fundraising event, "Taste of Talent" benefiting the Riverside Fine Arts Association for a night of live music, food and wine from local restaurants and ... local art! The artists are me, Jim Draper, Tom Hager, Jesse Wright, John Bunker, Billie McCray, Emmy Cervany, Nadine Terk, Bunny Morgan, David Lauderdale, Paul Riley, Alison Watson, Barre Barrett and Danile Wynn. The musicians are Bella Voce Caberet, Sue Carmichael, harp, Andy Clarke, organ, Rodney Cleveland, organ, Nick Curry, cello, Philip Pan, violin, Riverside Guitar Quartet, Gary and Marilyn Smart, piano/soprano, Tony Smotherman, guitar, Randy Tinnin, trumpet, Von Barlow Jazz Trio, Scott Watkins, piano and  Kyle Wehner, violin, all performed on multiple stages in the courtyard, sanctuary and parish hall of the Church of the Good Shepherd. Tickets are $60 and will be available at the door. I hope to see you there!

No comments: