Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 3 - Downtown Art Walk / New Work / Studio Photos



 Come this Wednesday evening, 5 pm - 9pm, to the Southlight Gallery, 6 E. Bay Street, for the October Downtown Art Walk. My art work is now on a more visible wall, right across from the elevator. I have some prints and a print rack in another room too. 

John Bunker is joining our cooperative gallery and is the featured artist for this month. Yea!!



 Below is a new watercolor: "Tillie Fowler Regional Park Hike"  H 51" W 31" $3000 and it is framed and on my wall at Southlight. This beautiful large park is near me on Roosevelt Blvd. across from NAS and is a favorite place to mountain bike and dog walk.


This watercolor below is titled "North Florida, Theodore Roosevelt National Area, Series #2". It is sold but available as an archival print on paper or canvas and is part of a diptych with "Series #1" not pictured. This lovely park connects to Fort Caroline in Arlington and has one of my favorite hikes up a "mountain" (one of the highest natural places in Jacksonville).


Shown below is a recent watercolor "Cypress, Water, Reflections: Big Santa Fe Lake", H 32" W 51". It is sold too but is available as an archival print on paper or canvas in several sizes.


I switched back to oils recently and painted this painting: "Mexican Daisy Bouquet" H 28" W 28" $1200. If it looks familiar it is because I painted it as one of my small blog paintings and decided to paint it larger. I'll have to say It looks much better in person than my photo.

In August we had the "Dog Days of Summer" at Southlight and I painted this fun acrylic painting: "Dog Locomotion" H 37" W 59" $500. Now it needs a good dog lover home...


I repainted my studio this summer, Benjamin Moore's White Dove and I love how it brightens my petite space especially at night. Talley was happy to pose in all of the photos. I build my canvases outside on my patio and sometimes spill over into my dining room for projects and have occasionally commandeered a friend's garage to paint large abstract paintings but otherwise love my cozy studio with the tall ceiling and three windows.




Also, all Facebook users: please "LIKE" my art page: Kathy Stark Fine Art and share a post or painting with your friends. Thanks!

No comments: