Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Kayaking on the River" and Online Art Show/Framing Suggestions

SOLD
3 1/2" x 16 1/4" oil on panel

This is a fun one from one of my recent kayaking/photo excursions. We are right off Ortega Point.
(You can click on the image to see it larger)
I am participating in a show for the Women's Center of Jacksonville in the lobby of the Bank of America building during March. I received second place and recouped the money spent making the red oak display easels! Walk through the lobby if you find yourself in downtown Jax.
I am so proud of the easels my friend, Joe and I made, here is another photo just of them!
This is my dad coming out in me: making something to last rather than renting or buying cheap.

I considered participating in the Downtown Art Walk tonight but it was just too cold!! Ryan with Gallery Framery on Hendricks Avenue made two new sample frames for me, showing the option of having linen mounted on board behind the painting. (He offers 15% off to anyone bringing one of my paintings in to frame.) The outside dimension of the horizontal frame is 13" x 18", the outside dimension of the square frame is 16" x 16".
Stand up and walk around your computer when looking at these and that will be my online Art Walk! I hope these photos motivate you to find a space/home for one of these PADs!
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD, SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD

No comments: