Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Life, Memorial Park"

SOLD 6" x 8" oil on panel

This is the bronze sculpture "Life", created by Charles Adrian Pillars, located in Memorial Park. I decided to paint Memorial Park again because it would be a good one to have at the Riverside Arts Market this Saturday, April 4th. Underneath the Fuller Warren Bridge, North Bank, Riverside Ave side, it will be from 10 am until 4 pm and I'm pretty sure it is free to attend. My booth number is 406, one row away from the Farmer's Market. I plan on participating in the Art Market about two Saturdays a month and see how it goes. I recommend either walking or riding a bike (there is a bike depot) or parking at the YMCA lot and walking down the NorthBank Riverwalk to it. Come visit me there!

Charlie Patton interviewed me yesterday for the Florida Times-Union and a photographer came today to my studio and took some pictures of me. Sounds like I will be included in an article about it in the paper tomorrow! I will post what comes out since I doubt I will be painting a PAD tomorrow being busy with getting my booth ready.

Ah, I just checked the online version of the TU, here is the article! (Not the best sounding quotes on my part but I like the photo. I will have to sound more verbose next time!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy
congratulations on being on the Front Page ABOVE the fold!!!
You do such BEAUTIFUL work!
I'll look forward to seeing you sometime at the show.
Nancy Watson